Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Some acrylic art therapy

I still consider myself a beginner when it comes to painting, but I have been an avid crafter for a very long time. For much of this year I felt like I couldn't do any of the things I used to love to do. Somehow I connected with painting. 

This is the first painting that I did this year. Prior to this I hadn't done much painting. 

I did a Google image search to get ideas for my first projects. I fell in love with the rainy day painting and did my own version. I've had the worst trouble with sleeping for months. I listen to rain music to try to calm myself down. 

I found that I really loved doing silhouettes. 

Seasons






I made this for my dad for Father's Day 


Painting for my brother


This is one of my favorites

Painting of my daughter, Molly

I wanted to make an adult coloring book painting. I drew this on with Sharpie and then painted it. 

I wanted to try out painting wine glasses 

My husband made wine to celebrate the birth of our daughter. We called it "Hello Molly" and I made labels to look like "Hello Dolly" musical posters. This is a painting I did of one of the bottles.


I love cherry blossom trees. This is one of my favorite paintings. I've gotten more detailed.



I painted this as a gift for my oldest daughter's Kindergarten teacher.

























No comments:

Post a Comment