Saturday, July 23, 2016

An Elegant Isle


My husband is playing bagpipes this evening for a birthday party. He has played for the family a number of times in the past, so I did a painting to give them as a birthday gift. 

5x7 acrylic on stretched canvas

Husband is my reference 😀

I actually finger painted a lot of the background this time which was a lot of fun. 

An Elegant Isle
by Julie McElhinney

The dew on the highland glistens fair
Across the Scottish sky,
An echo is heard from far and near
As the sun's setting rays go by.

Like a magical music in my ears 
I look up to the mount and smile,
Listening to the grace I shed a tear
And stay to listen for awhile.

He stands with powerful pipes in hand
Kilted in his family tartan,
He plays a mournful song where he stands
To those dearly departed. 

A healing highland note fills the air
As the mourning party departs,
But we thank the piper in this elegant isle
For healing our broken hearts. 


No comments:

Post a Comment