Sunday, July 10, 2016

Bagpipes on Grandfather Mountain

Bagpipes on Grandfather Mountain

8x10 acrylic on stretched canvas


A painting I did of my husband at Grandfather Mountain, North Carolina.


I removed most of the background junk from the festival. 




A Bagpiper's Wife
By Julie McElhinney

When first I wed him so long ago
I did not know the price,
That would come along the path I chose
To become a bagpiper's wife. 

Long nights of practice would ensue
A squawking chanter in my life,
Ear plugs soon became my friend
When I became a bagpiper's wife. 

Soon I was a cunning Celtic connoisseur 
No longer filled with sorrow and strife,
And I held my head up so high
A quite proud bagpiper's wife.

For when he dons his kilt and sporran
And strikes his drones with pride,
I know I made the best decision
To become a bagpiper's bride.





No comments:

Post a Comment